7.12.2010

My idear.

It all started on a breezy day in early June. It was the kind of air that was crisp, clean and just made you feel good. Aside from every other American, I love to have my windows down breathing it all in. Why breathe compressed, stuffed air conditioning? Gag. Anywho, in good Mandy fashion I had the windows rolled down jammin out to my homeboy, Johnny Cash.

It wasn't until recently I discovered the full spectrum of Johnny's awesomeness. I'd always enjoyed singing out to his tunes on the radio, and along with the movie Johnny and June. Minus all the drug addictions and ambitious women flocking to him at every turn, he was basically just another man trying to make ends meet. He was not only a musician, but a lover, a rebel, a hero, and American badass. I am forever addicted to his CD "Unchained." His voice alone speaks volumes of how I feel in everyday life...the good, the bad, and the truth. He struggled with emotions and life, and felt the pain of love. At this part of my life (27, single, no kids, dysfunctional family, no light at the end of the tunnel) there are times where I feel so alone, so weak, but still not ready to go down without giving a hell of a fight. My eye is on the prize, I want a life full of knee-bending love. I want to look back and not regret wasting time being unhappy. I want to live out my days doing things my way and not giving a damn about what others percieve of me. I love my gypsy lifestyle, and do not intend to give up on it.

So we go back to this day...just me, Johnny and the blue skies ahead. It was exactly at this point that I realized that I was entrapped by the moment. It was a point of pure bliss, no worries, no time, no overanalyzing life. So I continued down the road, belting out the lyrics(most likely as off-tune as possible) and living in the moment. When track #14 came on I knew exactly what I must do. I must live out Johnnys words, "I've been Everywhere." Now I know that critics will blast, it wasn't his song. Sure, it's a cover, but a damn good one. And Johnny has been everywhere...old school style. Pack up the car and let's go. So now, my mission, should I choose to accept it....I'm going Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment