3.07.2013

Sorry, I've been stuck on a rollercoaster!

So someone from my past asked me a curious question yesterday...how are your Johnny trips going?  I had to sit back and ponder for a minute.  When was the last time I thought about, let alone planned a trip.  My heart broke a little bit.  Life has definitely gotten in the way of being able to enjoy myself.

Since the mister had to go and propose at the Grand Canyon, it started with wedding planning.  Wedding planning turned him into Groomzilla and me into an organized mess.  Next the wedding came, the night was one I'll never forget.  It rained all day to subside just as I walked out to get into the car and head for the venue.  The skies broke and the sun came out...not everything went perfect though.  The ground was soaked beyond belief and I made an emergency call to move it inside.  The DJ's mic went in and out as we said our vows.  Once the sun fell, temperatures dropped all too quickly(the alcohol running through my veins was kryptonite, I was warm all night!)  The night was a success, I was beyond thrilled to have my partner in crime finally nailed down with that ball & chain..tee hee hee...

Next, we wanted so much to have a family.  We were comfortable in our lives both mentally, spiritually and financially and wanted to share that with someone in need.  As soon as we were back from our honeymoon and into the swing of things, I had to throw another wrench into things.  We started classes to become foster parents!  I'm not sure what exactly pushed me into the idea that we could handle helping a kid find their inside light, but I'm glad I did!  The day we recieved the phone call that we were officially licensed, we met Tony.  The next day, he came home with us.  A 14 year old boy?  Surrrreeee...why not!?  Two weeks later we brought 17 year old Kaitlyn into our home.  These kids act like they have been brother and sister their entire lives.  They fight, bicker, laugh and love each other with their whole heart.  Everyday is a struggle with "are we doing the right thing?"   Somehow we're surviving and making strides with both of our kids.  Yes, I call them my kids.  Yes, they call me mom and Jerry dad.  Strange?  Not to us :)

So here we are, all four of us as one big family!  I just started planning our first family vacation to Ormond Beach, Florida for Spring Break.  Now to see...what Johnny cities can we visit!  I'll keep everyone updated.


I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

XOXO
Mrs. C

No comments:

Post a Comment